Sunday, December 7, 2014

Appeal for Our First Global Effort: Shindand Development Program!


Over the past few months I have shared with you my career and life experiences, from organizing a pre-youth football tournament in Ghana, to the struggle for girls' education in Afghanistan, from the bitter conflict in the Middle East to the triumphant efforts of a simple farmer in Burkina Faso.

My blog has and will continue to be about stories and topics that effect the average citizen around the world and his/her struggle to survive and contribute to the betterment of her/his community.

My interest, passion, and commitment is to lead a program that ensures humanitarian assistance and aid is delivered honestly and exclusively to people and communities that are in need. Aid whose planning is done in consultation with the beneficiary not the goals, and interests of the donor. Aid that is delivered by a donor that puts people central to its activities and not short term political or national interest goals.

It is against this background that, using the Crowd Funding option, I would like to raise funds to implement a development program in Shindand District, located in western part of Afghanistan. I chose this area firstly because it truly needs resources to improve the lives of the men, women and the youth. Secondly it is the strong bond that I cultivated with the people of Shindand when I worked there, and it is their current appeal directly to me to help their district.  Though it will be a challenging enterprise, I believe that together we and the people of Shidnand and Afghanistan can make things better and put this part of our globe on the road to recovery and growth.

I am not a famous person, a celebrity or a person of influence. I am not a non-governmental or a big governmental donor agency and I know raising this money will be an uphill battle. But I believe that your spirit of generosity and ultimately the human desire to help his/her fellow human being will triumph and we will get our first program underway! You will have an honest partner in me, my associates, and most importantly the people of Shindand.

If you want to know more about my background, please read About Me on this blog. Please contact me if you have any questions.

I thank each and everyone of you in advance.

Lets make it happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment